Friday, May 14, 2010

Localization

I'm ready for localization to be the word on everyone's lips.
I've tired of the constant analysis of globalization.
Of the analysis that global is 'in'.
I am ready for people to start buying, and participating and focusing on the local, their local, their lo-cal call to action.
Localization will be the wave of the future. From farmers markets and CSAs to Slow Money reinvestments in communities.

When I googled Localization today, Wikipedia told me the word was associated with high tech, with the locality of figments of cyberspace. Hubs of imagined spacial dimensions.
I laughed.

I imagine a world where cyberspace will not be as important as physical locations. Locations of personal interaction, of commerce, of relationship.
I imagine one day, localization be in.

No comments: