Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Winds of Change

It's blowing hard in Davis.
Central Valley winds, coming down from the North. Bringing leaves, and school, and fall. As it gets darker I'm finding myself inside more often- reading for classes, and correcting papers.

Graduate School, thus far, is satisfying. I enjoying the matrix of complex theory, stacks of new literature, and academic writing, but most of all, I'm liking teaching. A TA for the new Food Systems course on campus, I get to apply what I've learned over the last decade, and indeed over the last few years specifically. Sharing my own life experiences and creating new ones with a group of 15 undergraduates. It's inspiring to see them interact with food and agriculture, subjects which to many of them had been previously foreign. A whole new world.

Wondering now if that might be one of the most satisfying things to experience, finding something you love, and having the capacity and the courage to share it with others.

No comments: