Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rocking to an end


Last night, while the wind blew at the farm center windows, and the wood fire heated up the main room,
The realization set in.
It's almost over
Six month later, this group of 4o some odd folks is now a family. Coming together in perfect time just to split back apart. Splinting back to our corners of the world.

As the storm set in, our rabble rousing musicians blew in from somewhere, set to make music on one of their last nights together. Raucous as usual but with a tinge of sadness, they sang our favorites. Musically thumping and bumping and whooping- the diligent cooks, crafters, and computer laden apprentices put down our knives, wreaths, and screens to lend our voice to the chorus.

So rock me mama like a wagon wheel
Rock me mama anyway you feel
Hey mama rock me
Rock me mama like the wind and the rain
Rock me mama like a southbound train
Hey mama rock me

Rocking us into the night, and into the storm. By singing along I was attempting to forget that this is my last week as an apprentice, and the last week in one of the most powerful experiences of my life.

No comments: