Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Back in School

Unbelievable, I mutter to myself as I bike to school. 

Here I am. In Davis. It's 10 am, 95 degrees outside, and I'm in bike traffic, thousands of cruisers on their way to class somewhere. I speculate that a goodly portion of these cyclists have never ridden before today. Perhaps that's why we are crawling along the two way intentionally designed bike path. (Like a highway system for bikes. Complete with small traffic lights, parking lots, and street signs)

Strange.

Evidently, I'm going back to school. I'm awakening quickly from my arrogance into a new reality. Again I think, I've underestimated what I signed up for. Overhead compact fluorescence lighting my way into buildings without windows, and indeed into my immediate future- I've arrived.

Back in school.
Crazy. 

No comments: